Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Big Reveal | Carolyn Hancock Blog

The Big Reveal | Carolyn Hancock Blog


Every painting has a story. Sometimes the story is obvious from the composition or the subject matter. But sometimes behind the scenes is not obvious, and the artist seldom gets to do the big reveal. 
I lived out of the country when I started painting. My preference even then was to paint people, and every one of the paintings originated from a trip to another country, a different culture. And behind every painting was a terrific story that would likely not be communicated.
A couple of weeks ago I was digging through links, tracking things I liked, when a restaurant photo stopped my fingers. What were those little circles, one on each item of food? I let the mouse float over the icon and, Wow! Fun idea. It was like a commercial, "I want one of those."
Old Halo is my first attempt with this new way of telling the story behind the painting. Give it a look and let me know if you like it. Click this link, give it a moment to load, then hover over or touch the icon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment